|The 2015 Royal Enfield Continental GT as seen in an eBay ad by Royal Enfield of Fort Worth.|
(This dealer typically includes more than 40 photos in their ads; you really get a good look.)
Ten things I like about the Royal Enfield Continental GT:
1. Tidy. Light. Lithe.
2. Pretty engine/gearbox. Don't paint it black!
|Original 1965 Royal Enfield|
Continental GT cafe racer.
4. Tank is not too big, not too small.
5. Seat and its back hump look sleek yet comfy.
6. Kick start!
7. Center stand!
8. Obvious historical link to the 1964 original.
9. Great brakes.
10. Superb gas mileage.
Ten I don't love:
1. Everything else on the Interstate is SO much bigger.
|Muffler looks too big.|
Aftermarket items are popular.
3. The muffler looks too big, although I'm getting used to it. Aftermarket!
4. Yellow rear shocks, even on red GTs. Paint 'em?
5. Boxy swing arms a bit inelegant. Live with it.
6. Undistinguished side panels beg for personalization. Ideas?
7. Fully realized cafe racer design discourages personalization. Hmmm.
|Is license plate holder|
smaller for 2015?
9. I'm not fond of digital mileage readouts but they are better.
10. Plenty of scoot but needs more speed for U.S. roads.